This week’s episode of The 1 Girl Revolution Podcast features Dr. Emily Salisbury, Associate Professor of Social Work at the University of Utah, Director of Utah Criminal Justice Center, co-creator of Women’s Risk Needs Assessment (WRNA) system, and expert on women + incarceration. Dr. Salisbury shares her own life story, how she got into academia, how she became interested in women + incarceration, she talks about her research and findings, and so much more.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- Dr. Salisbury’s life story and how she got into academia;
- How Dr. Salisbury became interested in the issue of incarceration;
- How Dr. Salisbury became one of the leading experts on women and incarceration;
- About the Women’s Risk Needs Assessment (WRNA) system and how is aiding incarcerated and formerly incarcerated women;
- The reasons and statistics behind the rise in women and girls in jail and prison;
- More about Dr. Salisbury’s research and findings;
- And so much more.
The 1 Girl Revolution Podcast is available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, YouTube, iHeartRadio, and everywhere you listen to podcasts.
1 Girl Revolution is a social platform and podcast that highlights the stories of everyday women who are changing the world through their lives.
Watch Dr. Emily Salisbury’s powerful TedX talk:
For more information on the Utah Criminal Justice Center, please visit their website.
Find more information on the Women’s Needs Risk Assessment and Dr. Emily Salisbury’s work, please go here.
Watch 1 Girl Revolution’s Emmy-Nominated short documentary “The Girl Inside”: